Homey New Jersey
Posted May 22, 2006on:
One thing about traveling aside from seeing new places and experiencing new things, it is also about being with family and close family friends. We had the pleasure of being shown around Las Vegas, Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon by Papa Rhante and Mama Nita a few weeks back.
Then, on our last week in the US, we were again generously accommodated by my 1st-degree cousin (Paparazzi’s side), Kuya Reno and Ate Rowena’s family in quiet New Jersey. I realize now what an intrusion we must have done by informing them of our visit just a few days before we arrived. We couldn’t thank them enough for taking the time off to:
1. let us crash in their 2 (not just 1) bedrooms
2. drive us to and from New York
3. treat us to a very delicious and filling Mexican dinner
4. not only drive us to, but even buy things for us at the outlet stores (Jackson)
5. drive Jerry to Newark Airport
6. take us to see Princeton University
7. treat us to a sumptuous Chinese lunch buffet
It was also from Kuya Reno and Ate Rowena that Jerry and I learned how to let each moment count. After all, Kuya Reno is living proof that anything can happen in a blink of an eye, or a split second. I don’t exactly recall the story, but he is one of the lucky ones who survived 9/11, his office (JP Morgan) was only a few floors away from where the plane hit one of the towers.
Chinese lunch buffet
At Princeton University
The “overgrads” 😀
Campus beauties? 😉