Pre-Celebration of Matt’s Birthday
Posted July 25, 2006on:
We didnt plan on celebrating Matt’s birthday yet due to Jerry’s absence and instead we planned to hold a boys get-together (Matt and his close friends) only after Jerry comes back. But last Sunday, on the way to lunch at their A-ma’s place, I thought we should buy something to make lunch a bit more special. We stopped by for a 1/2 gallon of Fruits in Ice Cream (strawberry flavor) at Tinderbox and a whole round of chocolate layer cake from Postrio.
Lunch was a quiet affair as another family (Allan’s) was not around. They flew to Manila for some award given to their Kamiseta franchise. Anyway, for those who were present, we all had too much food to last us for another meal!
One of the highlights of the day was during Matt’s candle-blowing “ceremony”. Their A-ma who has been spending most of her days in her room with her nurse, suddenly decided to join in. It was the first time in days that she walked to the dining room to join in the ruckus. My sisters-in-law were quick to say that Matt was really A-ma’s most favorite grandchild. He was the only one who was able to make A-ma take a short walk, a much needed exercise in a long time. Matt smiled sheepishly, not letting the compliment get to his head.
Random activities for the rest of the day:
1. 930 am mass at Redemptorist church.
2. My Posh salon visit (Banilad Town Center) for a hair trim which was a mix of pleasant and unpleasant experience. After my trim, I checked my back with a mirror to see if the cut was straight only to find something else. My hot pink shirt was stained by some dark hair dye left on the back rest of my seat. Que horror! Bad bad bad service!
3. My glorious pedicure and reflex foot massage at the same salon in #2.
4. Impulse shopping for an EXS shirt for P279 (cheapo!) to replace the stained one I was wearing.
5. 2-hr Netopia gaming session of the boys.
6. Tempura, roasted calf, pasta dinner and ice cream dessert treat by my sis-in-law, Mary, and her boys at City Sports Club.
7. Billiard games by the cousins until 9 PM.
I guess it was all too much for young Jake who gamely ran around the whole time at City Sports. I found him exhausted on top of the billiard table just before we all decided to leave.
Other pics taken last Sunday:
Jake was so intent to blow the candle for his A-hia. I was wearing here my shirt pre-stained by “UV or Juvy” from Posh.
A rare occasion nowadays since their A-ma would prefer staying in her room than venturing out of it.